We invite the artists to take part in the Nature of Art III touring exhibition, which will take place on September 1-10 at Rodini Park, with the theme “Rain Dance”.
Artists are invited to complete and send the participation form by July 31st.
For visual artists
1. As the works will be installed in nature, artists are encouraged to make sure that the materials they will use for their own work or for their construction are ecosystem-friendly. Ducks, insects, peacocks flying over trees, turtles or dogs swimming in the river.
2. Security company guards walk through the park at night hours until morning. Although it is planned to guard the works, because we are talking about an open park here – and we are grateful for this condition! – there are entrances from various parts, so there is a possibility of damage or loss of the works that we can not predict.
3. At the same time, the environment is such that unpredictable situations can arise – for example, an animal or weather can cause some damage to the work.
Please keep in mind the special circumstances of the surrounding area, so use materials and styles that have some solidity, unless you do not disturb or desire friction from the open space. The Nature of Art assumes no responsibility for any damage to or loss of works.
There are three ways to participate as a musician in the show,
1. With the concept of the wanderer in the park, where each one can choose a spot and stay there playing without artificial means, or if anyone has a loudspeaker then at a low intensity.
2. By installing some soundscape within the park that could be played through a small speaker, always respecting the surroundings, therefore having a low sound volume.
3. By participating in a live music event.
In any case, fill in your application with your details, providing a link of a sound sample and then we’ll contact you.
As in the previous two years, there can be no performance presented at its own planned time, as the extent of the exhibition is large, around 3 km, and one of its purposes is the touring/walking character rather than the targeted attendance of the public at one point . However, performances can be presented within organized tours that will take place 2 or 3 times during the 10-day period. Still we have not determined the dates, but they will take the form of a walk where we will stop in the various works, and any artists who wish can talk about their work. That time, anyone who wants to do some performance. Also on the day of the opening, where it is essentially three hours where most people walk in the park. Of course, the performances in the program will be mentioned, just the planned presentation is not planned, and this in order to maintain the practice of the walking tour.
Hosting of Artists
Artists who do not live permanently on the island can be accommodated in a home of our volunteers, for 3-4 days. Afterwards, the transfer and return of their work will be carried out. If someone wants to be hosted, they will contact us via email, after their participation in the exhibition is accepted.
Once you have send your application, wait for a confirmation email regarding the acceptance of your application. After you receive a confirmation email, you can proceed to the site selection process, that is being done through Facebook. If you don’t own a Facebook account yourself you may apply through a friend’s account.
Here is the link for selecting the preferable location for your artwork.